- Juliana Sommers, born 8/11/1754. Baptized 8/11/1754, sponsors Christian & Julian Scheyack.
- Valentine Sommers IV, born ca. 1756.
- Maria Catharine Barbara Sommers, b. 4/15/1759, Baptized. 4/15/1759 Reformed Church, Frederick, Maryland, sponsor Adam & Barbara Noll. died 6/29/1827.
Married John Dutrow, Jr., born 2/1/1756 Had 10 children. John Dutrow was the
son of Johann George Dutrow and Anna Catharina Baltzell.
- Christopher Sommers, born 6/14/1761.
- Elizabeth Sommers, born 1762. Married 7/17/1780, John
- Catharine Sommers, born 1764. Married Tobias Horine II, born January 12, 1766 in Mill Creek, Middletown Valley, Maryland., died August 10, 1841, in Myersville, Maryland..
- John Sommers, baptized 11/1/1766. Died after 1810.
- Johannes Jacob Sommers, born September 9, 1768, died January 12, 1850; married Elizabeth Horine, born ca. 1768, died April 23, 1848.
Children of Elizabeth Horine and Johannes Jacob Summers:
- Anna Elizabeth Summers, born December 13, 1793 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland., died April 3, 1883 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland; married John Jacob Putman ca. March 11, 1819 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland. John was the son of John Putman and Mary.
Children of Anna Summers and John Putman:
- John J. Putman, married Rebecca Shriver.
- Malinda Putman, married Henry Coblentz.
- Samuel Putman, born February 14, 1822 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland., died January 15, 1892 in Woodsboro, Maryland.; married Elizabeth Ann Summers on April 24, 1846.
- Annie E. Putman, married Leander Stull.
- Julia Putman, married Lewis P. Remsburg.
- Hezekiah Putman, born March 4, 1835.
- Catherina A. Summers, born 1796 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland.; died April 3, 1845 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland.
- Samuel Summers, born June 9, 1798 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland.; died February 9, 1843, buried at Church Hill, Maryland.; married Mary Magdalena Bussard ca. March 28, 1823 in Frederick County, Maryland., daughter of Samuel Buzzard, Sr.
Children of Samuel Summers and Mary Bussard:
- George William Summers, married Sarah Ann Michael.
- Samuel Summers II.
- Lawson Henry Summers, born August 25, 1836, died July 25, 1892; married Mary E. Harp on October 18, 1856.
- David Valentine Summers, born January 3, 1833, died August 11, 1878; married Mary C. Schildknect on December 23, 1856.
- Ann Elizabeth Summers, born December 13, 1834; married Ezra V. Marker on December 17, 1853.
- Daniel Webster Summers, married Mary Martha Handley on Nevember 4, 1855. Daniel farmed in Preble County, Ohio.
- Isaac Summers, born March 1839 in Myersville, Maryland., died June 20, 1903 in Frederick, Maryland.; married Lucinda C. Brandenburg on July 21, 1862.
- Jacob Summers, born August 17, 1838.
- Mary M. Summers, born ca. 1828, died May 2, 1851 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland.
- Carolina Elizabeth Summers, born March 5, 1824.
- Susanna Summers, born June 10, 1800, died January 9, 1853 in Frederick County, Maryland.; married Jacob Ambrose ca. May 14, 1818.
- John Summers, born November 4, 1801, died December 21, 1848; married Margaret C. Leatherman on May 8, 1824.
Children of John Summers and Margaret Leatherman:
- John H. Summers, died 1856 in Ellerton, Maryland.
- Lawson Summers.
- Malinda Summers, married _______ Sias.
- Mary Ellen Summers, married Elias Poffenberger on January 7, 1863.
- Caroline "Callie" Summers, born 1828 in Maryland, died 1904 in Maryland; married Cornelius Dubel on December 21, 1849.
- Samuel Summers, born 1829, died 1890.
- Daniel Summers, born March 22, 1830; died March 22, 1831.
- Catherine Summers, born March 31, 1834.
- Hezekiah H. Summers, born February 9, 1836; died December 29, 1857; buried St. John's Cemetery, Ellerton, Maryland.
- Elias Summers, born January 31, 1838.
- Jacob Henry Summers, born November 23, 1840.
- Aaron Summers, born November 17, 1843.
- Christopher Summers, born May 4, 1845.
- Martin L. Summers, born March 5, 1849, died February 14, 1931; married Sarah C. ______.
- George W. Summers, born April 29, 1802 in Middletown Valley, Jackson District, Frederick County, Maryland., died April 11, 1884; married Catherine Michael (1/26/1804-2/27/1875) on December 2, 1825. Catherine was the daughter of Henry and Catherine Michael. Later acquired Oakland Mills which adjoins the original Horine land.
- Henry W. Summers, born October 9, 1826 in Frederick County, Maryland., died April 2, 1902 in Frederick County, Maryland.; married Esther Catherine Derr on December 11, 1848.
- Jacob V. Summers, born September 28, 1832 in Frederick County, Maryland., died February 4, 1914 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland.; married Annie M. Landis.
- John T. Summers, born January 10, 1834, died March 26, 1900. Never married.
- Samuel M. Summers, born December 9, 1837 in Middletown Valley, Maryland., died March 2, 1915 in Myersville, Maryland.; married (1) Sarah _____; married (2) Sarah Ann Michael on December 18, 1866 in Frederick County, Maryland.
- David W. Summers, born June 24, 1840, died October 31, 1920; married Annie M. Roltenhoffer.
- Joshua Summers, born May 24, 1845 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland., died July 25, 1922; married Elizabeth Leatherman
- Jacob Summers II, born February 8, 1804 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland., died 1884 in Frederick County, Maryland.; married Catherine Smith on March 20, 1850 in Myersville, Maryland., daughter of Jacob Smith.
Children of Jacob Summers and Catherine Smith:
- Sampson Hamilton Summers.
- Josiah David Summers.
- Thomas Jefferson Summers, married Mary Etta W_____.
- Charles Leander Summers.
- Elizabeth A. Catherine Summers, married Henry Benner.
- Fannie Effie Summers, married Edward Munea. No children.
- Emma Jane S. Summers, born December 14, 1865 in Myersville, Maryland., died January 5, 1935 in Miamisburg, Montgomery County, Ohio; married Albert Zehring on December 16, 1896 in Miamisburg, Montgomery County, Ohio.
- Mary Summers, born December 2, 1806 in Middletown Valley, Frederick County, Maryland., died November 26, 1831; married Henry Dutro ca. February 18, 1824 in Frederick County, Maryland.
The Horine Family History is a compilation of information gathered over the past 60+ years by Mr. Paul G. Horine, Darla (Horine) Jones, John David Barrett, Eric T. Davis, Karen Montgomery, and many other contributors.
Horine Family History Home Page |
Tree Outline of Horine Generations
Since July 1998,
people have visited this page.